The World’s Greenest residential building is coming to Brisbane! and includes over 20,000 plants….? Wait… Brisbane? YES! you read that correctly. ARIA Property Group’s ambitious, bold and innovative proposal – ‘The Urban Forest’ will transform the Brisbane Skyline and gives us Brisbanites something really to brag about. We at YIMBY Qld are inspired by the development! The proposal ticks all the YIMBY boxes of a good development outcome – walkability, active transport, sustainability, community dividend and innovation.
We support good development outcomes that lead to healthier and environmentally sustainable cities!
But we NEED your HELP! Come on YIMBY’s words have power! Jump online to have your say by following the simple steps to lodge your own submission for ‘The Urban Forest’ its easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Click here and add your details;
- Copy and paste the following grounds for your support (or make up your own); and
“I write to support the development application (Council Ref: A005490380) for ‘The Urban Forest’ on the grounds that it will deliver the following ‘good development’ outcomes for the City of Brisbane:
- The proposal provides and focuses on architecture and design excellence that integrates well with the neighbourhood context;
- The proposal lead to healthier and more environmentally sustainable cities;
- The proposal supports the buildings that breathe initiative and encourages innovative and world-leading design solutions;
- The proposal has a strong focus on contributing to and enhancing the public realm and provides more infill housing within Brisbane’s existing built footprint.”
- Press submit, ta da!
Image Source: Koichi Takada Architects – Artist impression of ‘The Urban Forest’. (Available on PD Online: Council Ref. A005490380)