If you SUPPORT housing AFFORDABILITY, CHOICE and DIVERSITY, we urge you to OBJECT to the ban on townhouses in low density residential areas of Brisbane, as proposed in Major Amendment H to Brisbane City Plan 2014. You have until 26 August 2019 to have your say!
It’s quick and easy to lodge a submission if you want to protect housing choice in Brisbane. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link
- Enter your details and click Next.
- Cut and paste the below text (or make up your own) into the text box given. i.e. your reasons for objecting to the proposed amendment:
I object to the ban on townhouses in low density residential areas of Brisbane, proposed in Major Amendment H to Brisbane City Plan 2014 because:
- Housing in different forms improves affordability – shutting down townhouses will shut people out of our City
- Diversity of housing types caters for all stages of the lifecycle and different lifestyles – we need choices!
- Well-designed townhouses have character, provide small backyards and shared spaces, and offer gentle density
- Sites near transport and centres should be zoned for higher density residential, ensuring sustainable living for future generations
- Preserving low density areas for only single family dwellings reduces affordability and choice and exacerbates urban sprawl.
Brisbane’s housing policy should provide for affordability, choice and diversity.
4. Press Submit. It’s as simple as that!
Alternatively, you can email Strategic.Planning@brisbane.qld.gov.au
Include your name and address in the email and CC it to email@example.com – so we know how many are being lodged.
All for a greater Brisbane. Dare to say YES! @yimbyqld #yimbyqld