What is good development?
We at YIMBY Qld believe good development outcomes enhance everyday life and features one or more of the 4 YIMBY Qld qualities:
- Achieves architectural design excellence.
- Recognised as national or international award winning architecture.
- Has the ability to inspire and delight through design.
- Embraces or showcases new technology
- Includes sustainability innovations.
- Provides solutions and solves complex design problems.
- Minimises impact on the environment and fosters environmental responsibility.
- Respects heritage through restoration and adaptive reuse.
- Reduces resource use (water, energy and materials).
- Promotes intergenerational equity in property (affordability, aging in place).
- Creates public art.
- Produces or enhances community and cultural precincts.
- Provides or enhances parks, plazas, public open space.
- Rejuvenates precincts suffering decline.
- Enhances community safety.
- Promotes active transport.
Central Park Sydney
Sydney, New South WalesLearn more >
Howard Smith Wharves
Hotel, Retail, Parkland
Brisbane, QldLearn more >
Townsville, QldLearn more >
Mixed use precinct
Newstead, QldLearn more >
SingaporeLearn more >
Sign up to our Newsletter
We respect your privacy